Diet & Exercise Advice
Diet & exercise advice is needed more than ever in an age plagued by chronic illnesses, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, morbid obesity, etc. Meanwhile, on average, we live longer than ever. This paradox means all too often our later years are not lived to the full; the old lifespan versus health-span concept. This discussion is not about unavoidable diseases, but those which can be alleviated by a healthier lifestyle. The key is optimal nutrition and sufficient exercise.
It is true that fitness begins in the kitchen. Around 80% of weight control comes from what we eat and drink. All the exercise in the world won’t outrun a poor diet.
Although we are not strictly a weight loss or fitness clinic, when these aspects of overall health coincide with our treatments, we try to address them to help patients live their best lives possible, and hope to prevent a recurrence of their conditions.
Fitness takes health to the next level, of course. You don’t begin fitness training if you are not adequately healthy to begin with.
It’s never too soon, or too late, to combat the effects of ageing:-
Our chronological age in years, months & days only tells part of the story. We all know people who look years older or younger than the figure shown on their birth certificate. Although genes certainly play a part, the process can be slowed down or even reversed by us addressing a few key factors which contribute to the rate of biological ageing.
- Diet – Be it obesity, high cholesterol, heart disease, brain function, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, etc, there is always a common dietary solution recommended to help combat these issues; ie, eating natural, nutrient-dense foods, commonly referred to as the Mediterranean Diet.
- Weight Control –This starts in the kitchen (see above). Exercise alone is only 20% of the solution. With optimal nutrition, the body finds its own balance.
- Exercise – A combination of resistance training, cardio (whatever you find enjoyable, including brisk walking) and flexibility moves, can add years to your life and, perhaps the best bit, life to those years.
- Stress – Stress is all in the mind. Obvious perhaps, but when the body is functioning at optimal level, what for one person is stress, for another can be perceived as stimulus.
- Sleep – At least 7 hours of high-quality nightly sleep is recommended. For many of us, this is easier said than done, but the right foods and exercise levels can go a long way towards getting in the zzzzs.
- Socialising–Even loners sometimes feel lonely. But sociability isn’t just about how many friends you have, but engaging with the world around you through daily interaction.
- Purpose – Try to put yourself in a position where you feel valued; be that a job, voluntary work or caring for others.
The above goals are all achievable
WholeLife Clinics aims to help you integrate them into your everyday life, so that whatever your chronological age, your energy is restored to a level which touches upon everything you undertake. Life itself becomes easier. Who doesn’t wish to enjoy a lifelong feeling of youth?
Initially, this process involves a one-to-one chat with one of our practitioners, leading to a more specifically personalised consultation with a specialist in the relevant discipline.
At WholeLife Clinics, you will have access to the highest level of expertise to restore you to a fully functional state of overall health and youthful vitality.
Moreover, even if you already follow a healthy diet & exercise programme, you may have picked up an injury along the way. Thankfully, you’re in good hands – https://wholelifeclinics.com/muscles-tendons-soft-tissues/